What should I bring?
- Loose fitting, comfortable clothes or sportswear, appropriate closed toe footwear.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat for protection from the sun.
- Padded Cycling shorts are not a requirement but can be brought along if you own a pair in order to save your backside.
- A day backpack, camera, some cash, extra water and a snack (Tours will include a light & healthy lunch, water and refreshments)
What kind of bicycles do you use?
- We have brand new 2016 Trek and Specialized bicycles. The hybrid bicycles are perfectly suited to the terrain and environment of the tours.
- For more information about the bicycles please view the "Bikes" section under the "About" tab.
Is there a minimum number of people required for booking a tour?
- There is no minimum number required to book a tour, however on the rare occasion that there are less than two participants on any given tour, arrangements will be made to arrange an alternative tour date if possible. This is an extremely rare scenario. If no compromise can be reached, a full refund will be given.
Where do we meet before the tour?
- At the time of booking please inform us what hotel you are staying in.
- For logistical reasons we cannot guarantee to pick up everybody from their hotel, but we have several centrally placed pick-up points around the city.
- You will be contacted directly to arrange pick-up before the tour date.
- The same guidelines will apply for drop-off at the end of each day, however please note that we make every effort to accommodate customers in any way possible.
What is your cancellation policy?
Due to limited space on our tours, our cancellation policy is as follows:
If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
We may be able to reschedule a tour for you if unforeseen circumstances arise. This is based on tour availability.
These guidelines do not apply for multi-day tours.
Are children allowed on the tour?
- Into The Wild is a family-friendly tour company and we have bicycles to suit all ages, including Trail A Bikes.
- However please note, if you have young children or a child that is inexperienced and may not be able to complete the tour we encourage parents to book private family tours or use the Trail A Bikes system that connects a child's bike to the seat post of a parent. See our Bikes page to view the system.
- We usually do not allow children younger than three years of age to use the Trail A Bike system because of the obvious problems that may arise.
- At the time of booking please indicate the age of the children attending so we can arrange a bicycle to fit.
- Please contact us if you have any further questions.
Do I have to book a tour in advance?
- Spaces are limited on our tours to keep group sizes small, so we recommend booking in advance.
- Our online booking system only allows tours to be booked for the following day and thereafter.
- If you would like to book a tour for the same day please call us @ 778-877-6100 or by email email@example.com
- We strongly recommend participants to have travel insurance before they go on a tour or adequate health insurance within Canada.
Are there discounts for group bookings or booking in large numbers?
- 10% discount applied for group bookings of 6 or more people.
- Please note there is a maximum of 12 people for any given tour.
- Special arrangements can be made for large groups of more than 12 people.
- Please contact us for more information.
Do I need to be physically fit and/or an experienced cyclist?
- You don't need to be very fit to enjoy a tour with Into The Wild. All tours are paced according to the individuals on each tour. A nice leisurely pace sets the tone while we pedal along and enjoy the beauty and serenity of the countryside.
- As the old saying goes "You never forget how to ride a bike." Riders of all abilities and levels can enjoy a tour with Into The Wild. Please read the tour description to get an insight on what to expect on any given tour.
- In general, individuals should have some level of fitness and the ability to ride a bicycle in order to enjoy the tour in a safe and pleasurable manner.
- You would be surprised how far you can cycle on an excellent condition, fully tuned hybrid bicycle.
What’s included in the tour rate?
- A fully tuned, excellent condition bike
- A helmet
- A light & healthy lunch, water and refreshments throughout the day
- A friendly and knowledgeable tour guide and bus driver
- Transportation for the day
- Pick-up and drop-off to and from your hotel or close to it.(Please see refer to the "Where do we meet before the tour" section above.)